From IPodWizard.net Wiki
Hack Applied on 5G
Nano and Photo Tutorial
- 1. Extract the .zip file (containing the firmware for your nano or photo) to C:\.
- 2. Go to run, and type “cmd”
- 3. In cmd, type “cd c:\”
- 4. Type "ipodpatcher -i 1" If you see your iPod in the console move on to the next step, if not replace "1" with 2, then 3 and so on up to 9.
- --IF YOU HAVE A NANO GO TO 5A. IF YOU HAVE A PHOTO GO TO 5B
- 5A. Type “ipodpatcher -w X nano” (replace X with your number)
- 5B. Type “ipodpatcher -w X photo” (replace X with your number)
- 6. Allow your iPod to update, and then unplug it.
- 7. Enjoy your new background!
- To change your background open iPodWizard and direct edit the iPod, change the image on index #78
- Is safe if done correctly. Otherwise, Your iPod will be put into an infinite resetting loop (unless you force it into disk mode by pressing Center + Play/Pause)
- Is currently the easiest to install
- It is harder to put the background on your ipod, as it needs to be cut up into smaller pieces
- GO HERE
(The below is taken from the above link)
Invader Zim's Video Background Hack [5th Generation/5.5 Generation]
Made by Invader Zim, with much help from Kingstone and DJ
How to make the background?
When you load the resources you will notice that your background is covered in icons. Change them in iPodWizard.
-> stopwatch may not display numbers -> no text at top of page
HOW TO INSTALL/PUT ON YOUR IPOD:
1. Download the newest version of iPW if you don't have it.
2. Open iPW and load your firmware (Either from a firmware/ipsw file or the iPod directly, doesn't matter).
3. Go to Layouts tab. Choose from the combo below, Schemes if it's not chosen yet.
4. Extract the attached zip to a place you know.
5. Go in the iPW program to the left list in layouts tab.
6. There you have to click on every id (you can use find to search) that has a file of the files you've extracted and do Load resource and choose that file. Example: Let's say in the files i've extracted i have: view-279.rsrc. I search for this -279, type it in the find box and click find, then i click load resource and choose the file i just said.
It is now possible to put a background with a titlebar and text at the top on your 5.5G Video ipod. Unfortunately, making the actual background line up properly is a little harder, and involves the cutting up of images.
Features of the hack include:
1. It will safely install a background on your 5.5G ipod
2. It will have text at the top
3. It is far easier to install To Go To the thread with the download and for more information
Also released is the older hack by Kingstone and DJ with the safe installation method, and for this hack you don't need to slice up the background image. Unfortunately, it only works for 5g ipods with the older firmware installed"
Matthew98's Background Hack for Nano v1.3.1
1) Open iPodWizard and load your iPod's firmware. (You can do so by scrolling to the load option "iPod Firmware" at the top left of the program)
2) Download Matthew98's firmware from F-Default Site.
3) Change your "Edit Mode" to "Firmware File".
4) Load Matthew98's firmware into iPodWizard.
5) Change the image at Index 140
6) Click "Write to iPod" and you're finished.
Matthew98's Background Hack for 5g/5.5g
1) Download the newest version of iPW if you don't have it.
2) Download the bg hack(it's a modified firmware file) from here
3) Unzip the file you just downloaded to a place on your computer you can find easily.
4) Open iPW change edit mode to "Firmware File" and load the firmware you just unzipped.
5) The image at Index 138 is now the background image, change it to your content.
6) Click "Write to iPod" and you now have the background hack on your iPod.
Matthew98's Background Hack Features:
- Original Solitaire Background (the solid green background), screenlock/stopwatch background (brushed metal background)
- Any font color hack is included
- 25 useless resource that show on each menu (this opens up lots of possibilities for new hacks)
- White spots in the legal section & at the bottom of the now playing are removed
- Titlebar appears over the background.
- No image loss in the firmware (in the previous releases of the background hack, images had to be sacrificed to make a background image. That's not the case anymore.)
- Themes and hacks are interchangeable (5g to 5.5, 5.5g to 5g) - That means any theme or hack made for the ultimate background hack will work on any 5G and 5.5G iPod videos.
- Previous Background Hacks themes load perfectly (including the Ultimate Background Hack 1.2.1)
- The background shows when the iPod is charging with the wall charger
We are not responsible for damage to your iPod in any circumstances. By using this firmware and tutorial you agree to this condition. Mod at your own risk.
- Firmware hack created by DJ + Kingstone, credit for the 5.5G hack goes to Invader Zim, Kingstone and DJ
- Tutorial Made by DJ
- Official Fdefault Site
- Monday, November 19, 2007
- 3:57 PM EST
Multiple Backgrounds on iPod Video 5G
Download the file from this thread. http://www.ipodwizard.net/showthread.php?t=28046
1. On the pictures tab, click 'Load All', and navigate to the Multi Backgrounds -5G\Pictures directory, load them.
2. On the fonts tab, go to 'OTF Fonts', and then go to index 1. Click Load Font, and navigate to the Multi Backgrounds -5G\Fonts directory, load Podium Sans.
3. On the strings tab, go to Lang block 24. Click 'Load List', navigate to Multi Backgrounds -5G\Strings, and load Lang-24.
4. Write to iPod, and eject. If all went well, you will now have A Multi-Background Hack for 5G installed!
Credit goes to (IZ, ledhendrixman, ajgisme, xxDriveNxx.)
For more help read this thread. http://www.ipodwizard.net/showthread.php?t=28046