Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nano buttons not working, HELP!!!
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
My nano's meun and forward buttons don't work. I've restarted it and restored the ipod with no luck. I'm not sure how this happened, it may have gotten wet or had some cleaner spilt on it. I got it in December, is there any way that I can fix it, or get it replaced?
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Ouch, I don not have a clue. You might have to get a new clickwheel.

Or just call apple up and say it suddenly stopped working.
05-15-2006, 12:51 AM
I think there are special commands to stop it from working, If im incorrect search iPod Nano commands on google. Anyhow, Try Hold->Hold off-> HOLD DOWN menu and center

Good Luck
05-15-2006, 01:39 AM
should be covered by warrantee, my 4gen click wheel just stopped working entirely (scrolling and clicking) and i got a replacement
05-15-2006, 10:08 AM
yeah i would just call apple and get a replacement if anything works. just say what FordRules Said " Or just call apple up and say it suddenly stopped working " and yeah you should be able to get a replacment...
good luck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2006, 05:42 PM
send it to apple and get it replaced
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. I called apple today and they told me to send it in. I was looking at the fine print and it says that they could charge me up to $100 for services, so if something did spill in it i could end up losing money contacting them? I'm concerned because I have no clue how the wheel got damaged in the first place.
05-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Well if you follow their instructions on how to send it in and its under your warranty they wont charge you a dime. But if you dont follow the instructions and send it in and its covered in the warranty then they will charge you. Sames goes if its not under the warranty but you still follow the right instructions they may still charge you for the repair.
05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, now i'm not concerned about losing money.

Edit: I just got my replacement ipod today, thanks for the advice.