Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
02-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
Well, by now, these free prizes websites have started popping up everywhere. A popular one is Blingo-it offers prizes for searching, like Movie Tickets, $10-$100 iTunes Gift Cards, $100 Visa Gift Cards, iPods, PSPs, etc.

So-is this a scheme/scam or legit?

Blingo claims that is legit, boasting several media mentions. (Chicago Tribune and Tampa Bay Times)

So here is what I propose.

Like a good scientist should, lets test this!

PLEASE NOTE
By reading this you understand this is NOT SPAM. I have decided to test this. This topic is ALSO open for discussion on Blingo. If you understand this is not mindless spam, please continue.

Most of these sites work. The reason their not allowed is because they clog up forums with meaningless requests for people to click their refferal link. If WiBu says otherwise you can put the link back but for now its probaly best to remove it. - r3p1v

Clicking here will take you to the sign up screen. All it requires is your email, I assume shipping will only be asked if you win.

If, and ONLY if this works, the cool thing about this is that if someone signed up under me wins, I win the same prize as that person does. Maybe I could work out a deal with Wibs for my prizes to help out with the iPW server costs?? I would love to help out Wibs on the money Smile

So-for WiBu's sake, give it a try.

Otherwise, what do you think? Scam or not?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
i signed up under Kiko to help him out. i am going to use it as my search.
could someone make one of those firefox things for the upper right hand corner so when i google it will blingo?
02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
SuperStupified Wrote:i signed up under Kiko to help him out. i am going to use it as my search.
could someone make one of those firefox things for the upper right hand corner so when i google it will blingo?

If you look on the website, they have one for Firefox. I have it Smile
02-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
quite interesting how you disguiesed that to get people to sign up under you :-) good job though
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
But, what do you have to do to win, I don't get it...

And I already registered with your link kikkoman.
02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
and how he then edited my post so that it woulnd't show my link. well i've been searching with it but i havn't won anything yet. lets keep our fingers crossed

semisonic, you just search. they have the site set up to give away prizes at a certain time to the person who searches at that time (something like that atleast)
02-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
SuperStupified Wrote:and how he then edited my post so that it woulnd't show my link. well i've been searching with it but i havn't won anything yet. lets keep our fingers crossed

semisonic, you just search. they have the site set up to give away prizes at a certain time to the person who searches at that time (something like that atleast)

But... But... You said I could Sad
02-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
thats like hitting below the belt kikko!

-10 rep points dude

thats horrible and i'm not kidding
02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
No go, and that wasn't nice with the link edit :/

I'll leave this open for discussion but no links.
02-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Blingo - Scam or Legit?
i agreed to the link thing though (although it was after he did it)
so who has signed up? i have been searching but not wins yet