Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
Ipod Nano 5g games
10-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Ipod Nano 5g games
Hi All,

I got myself an ipod nano 5g and downloaded a bunch of games from <--------LINK REMOVED------------>. When adding the games via iTunes, it requires authorization. Changing the account address in iTunesMetaData file for my own account and then authorizing using my own account does not get the job done. Unpacking the ipg file and copying the contents into Games_RO folder make the games appear in the ipod Games menu, but when I try to play them an error appears saying I should try reinstalling the game.

Any ideas? Is there any software that can sync ipod nano games without the hustle of authorization?

Thank you in advance,

Zeus :thumb:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Ipod Nano 5g games
I don't know about the others, but I can offer you one solution: Buy the games legally instead of pirating them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Ipod Nano 5g games
The thought has crossed my mind and I actually tried to do that. Unfortunately, the app store tells me the games are unavailable in my country store. I find it really stupid, but somehow that does not surprise me, given the overall Apple policies.
10-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Ipod Nano 5g games
You can fool iTunes into thinking your from the USA by selecting a different store at the bottom
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Ipod Nano 5g games
If you're on Windows you could probably also use the '/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts' file to redirect to the US iTunes server, though that's severe overkill and I would be unable to help you for that.

All in all zim's solution would probably work best.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Ipod Nano 5g games
Thanks, guys. I'll try and report.
11-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Ipod Nano 5g games
zeus123 Wrote:Hi All,

I got myself an ipod nano 5g and downloaded a bunch of games from >8-Snip->8. When adding the games via iTunes, it requires authorization. Changing the account address in iTunesMetaData file for my own account and then authorizing using my own account does not get the job done. Unpacking the ipg file and copying the contents into Games_RO folder make the games appear in the ipod Games menu, but when I try to play them an error appears saying I should try reinstalling the game.

Any ideas? Is there any software that can sync ipod nano games without the hustle of authorization?

Thank you in advance,

Zeus :thumb:

Open ipg with winrar,(dont extract),
copy itunes metadata file, paste it on the desktop,change email to yours,then replace orignal file with yours.
After that go to the bin.sinf file again copy and paste. change name to your id.replace orignal file and it will be authorised
-----------
Added information:
-----------
and by the way is there a way to sync ipod classic games with nano??
11-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Ipod Nano 5g games
to authorize your computer for games, you have to open ipg using WINRAR(not extract)-copy itunes metadata file -paste it somewhere-change email to yours, then copy the bin.sinf file from the executables, again paste it and change the name to your id.i.e in my case chelsearulz5
and there you go...
And by the way are those games for nano 5g if yes, can you send me the exact link??
01-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Ipod Nano 5g games
chelsearulz5 Wrote:to authorize your computer for games, you have to open ipg using WINRAR(not extract)-copy itunes metadata file -paste it somewhere-change email to yours, then copy the bin.sinf file from the executables, again paste it and change the name to your id.i.e in my case chelsearulz5
and there you go...
And by the way are those games for nano 5g if yes, can you send me the exact link??
I have a question. Though I follow this way can successfully install the ipg on nano 4th by iTunes, I still can't play the game on ipod. Can you help me? Thanks!
01-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Ipod Nano 5g games
hello i'm new