Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Click wheel malfunction & won't restart
06-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi. A few years ago I purchased a slightly used iPod with Color Display. In the last couple of months I started having serious problems with it.

First, the click wheel stopped being fully functional. The press-button functions that are part of the wheel at the top, left, bottom and right points still work, but the scrolling feature has stopped working. I can't scroll through lists, can't adjust volume and other functions carried out by running your fingertip around the wheel.

Second, I can't get the iPod to restart anymore. The instructions say to toggle the hold switch on and off, and then hold down the central button and the menu button (the top of the click wheel) together until it reboots. That isn't working either.

For a brief while it started working fine again, lasted 2 or 3 days, and then both of the above problems came back, and since then those functions have remained dead.

Is the mechanism inside simply worn out? Is this something that can be fixed by me at all or is it time to have someone fix it, or just replace the thing?
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Replace thing

Ebay it, and be ****ing careful. Unless you want to pay me to do it.

Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply