Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPod shows Do Not Disconnect Screen, but windows does not see it....
06-07-2005, 05:55 PM
First off, last night, my iPod wouldnt connect to the computer, as Windows said it was an "Unrecognized" USB device, but i restarted it and it connected, so i updated my songs. This morning, however, i tried to play a song and it kept going to the next song, and none would play. The songs would keep skipping to the next. So I restarted again. When the menu came back on, none of my songs were there! So i thought "Maybe i reformatted it accidentally....?" and when I got home from school, i tried to update my songs. The iPod shows the "Do Not Disconnect" screen, but it doesn't show up in Windows! None of my iPod related programs will see it, including the updater. Also, it keeps randomly restarting, even when it is supposedly "connected" to the computer! Arrrggghhhh....I need help! I haven't done any firmware modding lately either, this just came out of the blue! Oh ad now that I modded the firmware for diff images, text, and whatever, will Apple accept it for warranty??? How long is the warranty anyways...? Am I screwed?

Thanks in advance....
Dan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Well when the songs kept going to the next, that was just showing that each song was deleted off the harddrive (somehow..) and it just kept searching for a song that was there.

2nd if you have anything installed (iPodLinux) or anything you have dont to ur ipod it will be easier to tell you if your screwed
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I haven't installed anything on it, except I have changed some images, but i don't think that caused the problem, as the problem showed up WAY after the last time I changed something. I just looked to see it Windows had recognized it again, and now it shows up as drive H: but not as an iPod and I con't access it, it just says "Insert disk into drive H" or something to that extent.....It's really weird....Thanks tho
06-07-2005, 06:24 PM
MM your harddrive probably died (on your ipod)

If it says insert disc, are u sure ur H: isnt your CD drive? lol
06-07-2005, 06:37 PM
It's not my CD drive cuz it says removable disk noxt to it and my CD drives say CD drive next to them....even though a CD is a removable disk....lol. I attached a screen shot of my main explorer window to show whats happeneing.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  iPod.jpg (Size: 91.68 KB / Downloads: 356)
06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Whats Dan Mini (I: )? Your name for your iPod Mini?
06-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Nah, thats my USB drive a.k.a. MINI drive....lol
06-08-2005, 10:01 AM
The problem has only gotten worse....now my iPod will not start up at all. I can't turn it on, even if it's connected (and hopefully receiving power...) from my computer. PLEASE someone help me! Will Apple still cover it under warranty if I changed some of the graphics and text? Or do I need to buy an new one (which I WILL NOT be able to do, as my parents say....they don't even know about this yet....). F*** I'm pissed.:furious: I was almost able to format it to FAT32 at school, but I had to go fix someone elses problem and now it wont even start. Oh well.....
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM
ha, turn out to be a dead battery.....but I con't charge it as my charger is in san diego at my grandma's.......DAMN
06-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Well if you've got the usb cable and a computer with a powered usb post (which yours likely has.. most do) just charge it over usb.