Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Artist not showing up in list on iPod
11-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I have an iPod 5. I have about 4 songs from the Group "Tears for Fears" on my iPod. They aren't from one album, but from about 3 different albums (80 compliations). Anyway, when I go to the artist listing on my ipod, Tears for Fears doesn't show up. Not sure why...I've tried changing their name in iTunes but nothing seems to work. I have a 60gb Ipod with v.1.2 firmware. Not sure if it's happening with any other artists in my list since I have a ton of songs, so it's hard to tell which artists are missing! I just stumbled on this one from pure luck.

Anyone have any idea why they wouldn't show up under Artists? They are in my iTunes (7.1) and show up with no problem. The songs are in the iPod and they show up under the Song list, but the artists doesn't show up under the artist list...

Hmmm.... Thanks,
ionian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I would try restoring it and then putting the songs back on... see if that helps. Otherwise I dont know what to tell you
Good luck,
Rob
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I completely reformatted my ipod and updated it to the most recent firmware and put all the songs back on - 6114 in all! (It took a looooonnnnggg time!)

Upon Comparison with my itunes, by listing the songs in order of artist, then looking at the artist listing in my ipod side by side, it looks like at least 40% of the artists in my itunes are not showing up on the ipod Artists list!! I'm not sure what would be causing this. The songs are on the ipod and as long as I search for them by song list, I can play them, but this is very irritating since many artists are missing which means I can't listen to an entire artist's songs... Tears for Fears, for example.

Can some of you check your ipod against your itunes and let me know if I'm the only one experiencing this?

Thanks!

ionian
01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, for some reason I didnt think of this before... but if you get your music illegally (limewire Aries etc) the information isnt always encoded correctly and doesnt transfer to the iPod... theres no changing that really. Sorry dude.
Rob
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
If you mean the tags, they can be re written with iTunes, so no, it doesn't matter where they're from.
01-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Actually someone just solved this over at the apple forum! For some reason, some of the songs were being listed as being part of a compliation. Any songs that are part of a compliation, don't show up in the artist list and instead show up in the compliation list instead. I changed all the missing songs over to "Not part of a compliation" and they all showed up in the artist list! Who knew?

Thanks again for your suggestions guys,

Ionian
03-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Ok i found out how to solve this if you download it illegally then some songs might have album information while some may not. I had the same problem and after I put all of the album information down for all the songs they all showed up under the artists. I hope this helped!